Drugs are designed to help diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Whether they’ve been poorly tested, incorrectly administered, improperly marketed, or contaminated, pharmaceutical drugs designed to help us can become dangerous or even deadly.
In 2011, Americans spent $320 billion on medicines, approximately 34% of the $956 billion spent worldwide. The IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics estimates that global spending will reach $1.2 trillion by 2016.
With profits so large, even seemingly large fines of $500 million or $2.2 billion pale in comparison to the profits big pharma can gain from sales of a drug marketed for off-label sales or failing to report adverse events.
Have you been injured by a drug intended to help you?
Contact us today to discuss your drug or other personal injury case. There is no cost or obligation to review your case.
- Dialysis Injuries
- GranuFlo and NaturaLyte Dialysis products are chemical products used in dialysis machines to help clean the blood of patients with kidney impairment; in 2011, an internal memo revealed that these drugs may pose a greater risk for cardiopulmonary arrest and sudden cardiac death in certain patients.
- Over-the-counter dietary supplements containing Ephedra, which is sometime called Ephedrine or Ma Huang, have been banned in the United States by the FDA because of adverse reports of cardiovascular problems, hypertension, stroke and seizures
- Antibiotics & Nerve Damage: Fluoroquinolone and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Fluoroquinolone are some the most commonly prescribed antibiotics. They can prevent and treat various illnesses, including sinus, respiratory, urinary and ear infections. In 2011, patients were prescribed one of these antibiotics more than 23 million times. Unfortunately, fluoroquinolones can be a harmful drug linked to peripheral neuropathy, a nerve disorder of the arms or legs.
- Wrongful Death
- Was your loved one killed as a result of improper, negligent, or careless drug administration?
Does your injury not fit? You’re not alone. Contact us for a free, no obligation legal consultation to see if we can help you receive compensation for your injury, loss, or that of your loved one. Don’t let time limit your rights! Contact us today.