Drugs are designed to help diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Whether they've been poorly tested, incorrectly administered, improperly marketed, or contaminated, pharmaceutical drugs designed to help us can become dangerous or even deadly.
In 2011, Americans spent $320 billion on medicines, approximately 34% of the $956 billion spent worldwide. The IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics estimates that global spending will reach $1.2 trillion by 2016.
With profits so large, even seemingly large fines of $500 million or $2.2 billion pale in comparison to the profits big pharma can gain from sales of a drug marketed for off-label sales or failing to report adverse events.
Have you been injured by a drug intended to help you? Contact us today to discuss your drug or other personal injury case. There is no cost or obligation to review your case.
- Dialysis Injuries
- GranuFlo and NaturaLyte Dialysis products are chemical products used in dialysis machines to help clean the blood of patients with kidney impairment; in 2011, an internal memo revealed that these drugs may pose a greater risk for cardiopulmonary arrest and sudden cardiac death in certain patients.
- Over-the-counter dietary supplements containing Ephedra, which is sometime called Ephedrine or Ma Huang, have been banned in the United States by the FDA because of adverse reports of cardiovascular problems, hypertension, stroke and seizures
- Wrongful Death
- Was your loved one killed as a result of improper, negligent, or careless drug administration?
Does your injury not fit? You're not alone. Contact us for a free, no obligation legal consultation to see if we can help you receive compensation for your injury, loss, or that of your loved one. Don't let time limit your rights! Contact us today.
Latest Harmful Drugs News
- Common antibiotic can cause severe nerve damage
- Thursday, November 13th, 2014
- Dialysis, stroke, & heart attack: GranuFlo and NaturaLyte dialysis concentrates
- Tuesday, November 5th, 2013
- PANCREATIC CANCER AND DIABETES DRUGS
- Tuesday, September 24th, 2013
- Newsweek Top Attorneys Showcase, 2011
- Thursday, June 9th, 2011
- Smoking Cessation Drug Chantix: Emotional Side Effects
- Thursday, September 18th, 2008
- Defective Artificial Hips
- Learn about metallosis, cobalt poisoning, and ALVAL caused by metal-on-metal replacement hips.
- Transvaginal Mesh
- Surgical mesh used to repair pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and stress urinary incontinence (SUI) has prompted a FDA warning.
Contact Us: 1-800-471-3980
Questions? Comments? Need Legal help? Contact us today.